Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Read Aloud Technology Lesson

I have not had the opportunity to teach my technology lesson yet, but I will be teaching it on Friday morning right before my class goes off to lunch. I plan on introducing the comprehension strategy, just as I would right before I read a book aloud. Then, instead of reading a book aloud, I will play the Photo Story that I have prepared and have the students watch it. After the reading, we will do a post-reading activity to make sure they understood how the comprehension strategy works in the book. The Photo Story would have my voice recorded reading with expression. The comprehension strategy that my lesson will target is sequencing the events in the story. We will start off reviewing putting things in sequential order, watch the Photo Story, and then put the Photo Story in sequential order. I think that this technology will help students to have a highly visual picture in their minds in order to better remember the sequence of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment